Egyptian mentioned Aloe Vera, as the ‘Immortal Plant’ because it can live and even grow without soil. If you are interested in natural remedies and organic beauty or skincare methods, then you must know what Aloe Vera is. It is one of the few remedial and medicinal value plants which are widely used all over the world. It has many known benefits from promoting healthy skin to treating sunburn to maintaining dental hygiene. It is very important to know how to store it so that we can take the right advantage of Aloe Vera. So, in this article, we are going to detail What is the Best Way to Store Aloe Vera.
What is the Best Way to Store Aloe Vera Leaf
Here is a list of the ways humans may store their Aloe Vera leaf for attaining its better benefits or advantages. The storing methods are as follows:
- Many people like to keep the Aloe Vera plant so that it can be used naturally and fresh. Once you cut or detach the leaf from the plant it is only one and a half days away, before getting bad at room temperature.
- Refrigeration seems to be the solution here for Aloe Vera, but with some caution. To begin with, wrap your aloe leaf in a damp towel or cloth and put it in the refrigerator. This method helps Aloe Vera to keep moisturized and succulent. But make sure that the ends of the leaves are covered well, which prevents drying it out. Leaf of Aloe Vera must remain fresh up to a week, from this method.
- For long-term usage of Aloe Vera, you must put it in the freezer. This increases its shelf life up to eight months or more. Defrosting before use is the only drawback of freezing Aloe Vera as it is an additional step for using that. Defrosting usually takes 2 to 3 hours on the kitchen counter. Never put freeze Aloe Vera in, microwave oven to defrost.
What is the Best Way to Store Aloe Vera Gel
Here is a list of the ways humans may store their Aloe Vera gel for attaining its better benefits or advantages. The storing methods are as follows:
- Freshly extracted Aloe Vera gel from Aloe Vera leaf usually lasts not more than one day at room temperature.
- You can make pieces of Aloe Vera gel of various sizes and shapes, depending on your requirement whether you have to make drinks or add them to any grooming DIY products. For adding to beverages smaller cubes are more suitable while larger cubes are often used in DIY beauty and grooming products.
- Just put the gel into an airtight container and place that in a refrigerator, regardless of sizes, shapes, and quantity of gel. The gel should last for more than ten days by this method.
- To put Aloe Vera gel in the freezer you have to, firstly, blend and strain it, then pour the liquid into an ice tray and freeze that gel. Additionally, remove the cubes from the ice tray and put cubes in the container, and finally place the container in your freezer. This method may help Aloe Vera to last up to 8 months after extraction of gel. Moreover, for defrosting, never use a microwave.
- Another method of preserving Aloe Vera gel is mixing it with honey in an equal ratio. Many of you already know that honey is self-preserving. You just have to mix the blended gel with honey in equal parts and store it in the refrigerator. This method must extend the shelf life of Aloe Vera gel by three months.